A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Wednesday, 4 February 2015

A Recollection of Memories - My Swimming Days!

Just a simple blogpost to reminisce on my swimming days.

I started at the age of 6 years old, two years later I joined the Royal Klang Club swimming team, training 6 times a week. It was one of the highlight of my childhood and teenage years. The time I spent in the swimming pool and with the swim team bunch is so precious that I would never trade it for anything else.

I really really misses all of them. I miss those days where we wish for it to rain so that we could just skip training to hang out and chit chat or play catching in the club compound.

I misses those days where we used to travel to different state as a team to compete in competitions. Bunking into each other rooms and fooling the night away.

I miss playing underwater and catching around or in the pool. Remembered how we used to play shark in the pool where the ladder is our home and the sharks are not allowed to eat us. ahhhh!

Tiff, Priya and I when we were probably 8 or 9 years old.

Misses how we use to go on holidays together as team! I MISS ALL OF THIS!

 How we bunk into someone room just to celebrate birthday. Celebrating Chin Cong's bday if i'm not mistaken! =) He is 22 this year! gosh, how time flies





Later in the year when i left the swim team, i still swam occasionally for swimming meets.

Those thighs! sigh! will never go down anymore! 

LOL at that expression! such an unglam shot. 











You know how usually girls look at guys topless, they would go 'yer yerrrr yerr and more yerssss', for swimmers, we grow up seeing guys in just speedo, I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of. haha  


'Yes Sir!', err no.. we were just shielding from the hot sun! 

Really misses those days la! I wishes I did put in more effort back then to achieve higher but being a lazy ass, I was always asking for discount when our coach gave us programmes, it is like what my kids are doing to me now. Each time I state out the programme, they would go 'aiyoo, so many set, give us lesser la teacher'. Now i totally understand how my coach felt when he was coaching us. HAHAH. 

Thank you coach Robert Lai for being so patient with us!! <3

Ending the short blogpost here. If I do come across anymore pictures from my younger days, I would most lightly do a Part 2 for this.

Signing off,
Samantha Tew ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment